Sunday, December 29, 2013

Thoughts with the new year

With the new year coming this week, I just had some thoughts. My first thought is about Christmas. I really do like Christmas even though most people who know me would disagree. But I really do.I love how people become a lot more charitable, and think of others. I just don't like what Christmas has become. There is a lot more focus on buying gifts, and things like that. Even Christmas lights. Yes they look nice, but that is not the true purpose for Christmas. Its to celebrate our Savoir's birth. So lets always remember what he did for us. 

My second thought is The New Year. One of the big things I love about the new year is that there is a sense of newness. New year and people wanting to do new things but too often we just fall into the same old routines. I think everyday we should try something new because you never know what you might find you like. A friend and I were talking earlier about how you find a lot of things you like to do by mistake. I know through roommates I have found so many new things I enjoy to do. This year I have discovered a lot of things I enjoy doing that I didn't necessarily do last year. So everyday we should all try new things because again you will never know if you like something unless you try it. 

I also think we should all have goals. Some mission lessons you learn you should always use, and I believe that having goals is one of them. Some of my goals for the new year is to again eat better and get into better shape. Since I have lost weight I feel so much better mentally and physically, so I want to keep that up. I also want to be able to find a job and move to Logan. But I hope that everyone who reads this blog will make some kind of goals, and do their best to carry them out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment