Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Being Thankful

Around this time every year I always reflect on my life and my situation. This past Sunday we our lesson was on Charity. It really made me think on how I could help people, how I could do something for someone. Its ironic also how it seems like every week for church we have a lesson or something is said that i have been thinking about before. If people would just show a little more charity in life, life would be a lot easier. As I looked around campus I really wanted to find ways to help people. This past couple of weeks. It snowed a couple of times. And the last thing kids want to do is scrape the snow off their cars. So in my apartment complex I scraped a couple of cars, and I hope they didn't find out who did it. I want them to see it, and hopefully they would do something nice for someone else. Another day I was walking home from work and I saw this girl pulled over to the side of the road and attempting to change a tire, with her lugnuts rusted on. I decided I should help. After doing so she told me that, about 10 people had walked past her and did nothing. I was glad that I was able to help. I guess the point I have really been contemplating is that we all have the same amount of time. Its just what we choose to do with that time, that matters. This brings me back to one of my other points, being Thankful. We all have so much to be thankful for. I would say that we have so much more to be thankful for than a lot of the world. We are told this all the time, but it really is true. This year I am Thankful for my family, for having the opportunity to go to school, and for all the adventures I get to have, and for being able to serve a mission, there are just some lessons you learn that you learn that you just can't explain or put into words. But its by your actions. So look for things to be Thankful for, and look for ways to help people. Because I really do believe in Karma, things always have a way of coming back to whether its good or bad. 


     Something else I want to talk about is being nice to people, now a lot of people think of being nice and smiling and telling someone something in a pleasant way. But that is not what I mean, When I say being nice, I mean legitimately caring enough about someone to except them for who they are, and want to be there friend, even if you don't get anything out of it. Its more of being straight forward with people. I believe that if your being "nice" to someone just to do it, that is pointless, you should be nice to people because its the Christlike thing to do. Because we all are learning, no matter how old we get. 

1 comment: