Monday, June 16, 2014

Reflections
             Some recent thoughts on life. 1- You have to learn to find the joy in small things. For example I have found happiness in just feeling the sun. It's the small things in life that keep us going. People plan these huge adventures and all this big events to make them happy, but in reality its just simple things that can help people become happier. Even when I hear a good song on my Ipod, its can change my whole mood. Most of the time it takes me back to a happier moment in my life.   Mostly I have realized that its about time. People make time for the things they care about most in life, whether its sports, relationships, or friends. The older I get the more I realize this. 

2- People are afraid. People are afraid of way to much in life. They are afraid of things that will make them happy. For some reason opportunities arrive to people and people recognize them. But then they self sabotage their situations. I realize that its almost too good to be true so they make it that way. LIfe doesn't have to be complicated but we make it that way.  When you stop expecting people and situations to be perfect, you can start to appreciate them for who and what they are. Situations are rarely perfect. But that doesn't mean you just stop. You can always change your situations. It makes me sad when people tell me they have done things wrong in their life, and you can see so much guilt in their eyes. Little secret for everyone. We all have, and if you haven't then I want to learn your secret. If we have made a mistake in our lives and all hope is lost then that would be very depressing. Luckily we have the Atonement.  One lesson that I have to keep re-learning is that we might know what we want. But God knows what we need. He also knows when we need it. You can't let your fear control your life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment